With Thrivent Choice, members can recommend where some of Thrivent Financial’s charitable outreach funds go. Since 2010, members have used this program to direct $300 million to churches and nonprofits nationwide.
Please consider designating your Thrivent Choice dollars to support affordable housing in Westmoreland County by selecting Central Westmoreland Habitat for Humanity.
Learn more about Thrivent Choice!
Thrivent Action Teams are organized by Thrivent members who see a need in the community. These volunteer led teams receive support from Thrivent Financial to a tackle one-time fundraiser, service activity, or educational event.
Central Westmoreland Habitat for Humanity is ready and willing to host your Action Team! Potential projects include:
- Organize a build day at one of our ongoing home construction sites (no construction experiences necessary)
- Host a public educational event drawing attention to affordable housing
- Work in our Warehouse Outlet thrift store for a day to support funding for affordable housing
- Organize a donation pick day in a community to generate donations for our Warehouse Outlet thrift store
- Build crafts from reclaimed material that can then be sold in the Warehouse Outlet thrift store
- Conduct a trash clean up, or other beautification project as part of our broader neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Host a fundraising BBQ, walk, run, party, tasting, tour, hay ride or any other creative idea you might have to help financially support affordable housing in Westmoreland County!
Learn more about Thrivent Action Teams!
To discuss project ideas or to learn more about Habitat for Humanity and Thrivent Financial’s national partnerships please feel free to contact your Thrivent Financial Representative or to contact CWHFH’s Executive Director Daniel Giovannelli (724-221-7510).